- Based at UniSA STEM on the Mawson Lakes campus
- Full-time 3-year CDD
- Starting salary: $90,451 per year (plus 17% superannuation)
About the role
The Research Associate will conduct research and development activities related to the application of virtual reality (VR) to improve design processes for architects and related interaction techniques. These investigations will be validated by HCI experiments. They will also support and carry out the analysis of stakeholder needs for parametric design tools, and support the research team in the dissemination of research, through the organization of design workshops.
The Research Associate will have relevant research qualifications, essential experiences in initiating and supporting research activities and publications, and desirable abilities in stakeholder engagement and production of technology demonstrators and materials of dissemination.
This project is supported by a Discovery Project (DP) grant from the Australian Research Council (ARC), DP220101595.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s corporate university. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national connections with academic, research and industrial partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens comfortable with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous, and we create new knowledge that is essential to global economic and social prosperity.
As the world leader in augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR), the Australian Research Center for Interactive and Virtual Environments (IVE) is a unique alignment of computing, engineering, art, architecture and design. IVE meets the challenge of growing demand for AR and VR technologies globally. Our researchers are leaders in many areas of AR and VR research, including wearable computing, interface design, empathic computing, 3D visualization, perception, and telepresence. We are leading the next wave of AR and VR technologies. IVE is one of the largest AR and VR research concentrations in Australia. Our extensive experience in advanced manufacturing, Internet of Things (IoT), interactive art, building and construction, and design for healthcare and defense enables us to work collaboratively with our industry partners to transform the industry and solve large-scale societal challenges.
- Under minimal supervision or independently develop new VR systems
- Design and validations of VR systems through HCI experiments
- Disseminate research results through journal publications and high profile/high impact conferences
- Contribute to the supervision and training of students as requested by the Chief Investigators
- Communicate and engage with end users
- Represent UniSA and the project team at meetings by making presentations, preparing information or attending meetings
Essential skills and experience
- A PhD or degree in computer science or a closely related discipline or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in creating complex VR systems
- Knowledge and experience in experimental design and analysis of results for human user study
- A history of quality journal and conference publications in one or more of the following areas, including but not limited to virtual reality, augmented reality, human-computer interaction (HCI), and others IT related fields
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous 17% pension contributions
- Flexible working conditions
- Employee assistance and development programs
- Varied holidays
As a university of business, we offer a dynamic and agile work culture that rises to challenges and thrives by forging new paths. Our people are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a dynamic and engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient and influential, and we deliver results.
How to register
For a copy of the job description and to apply, please visit Work at UniSA. The online application form lists the specific selection criteria you must meet.
Please send your cover letter to Jessica Frisari, recruitment consultant. For further information on the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com using the job reference number. 4005.
Closing of applications: 11:30 p.m. Sunday, May 15, 2022
How to register:
Applications must be submitted online, please note that UniSA does not accept applications by email.
- Start your application by clicking on the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already created an account, please log in before starting your application
- If you forgot your login information, click here to reset your password
- Overview of the application form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive corporate culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further assistance contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.