The National University of Singapore is inviting applications for a Research Assistant Professor position, Clinical Trials Epidemiologistin the department of MedicationYong Loo Lin School of Medicine, with an affiliation with the National University Health System (NUHS) Center for Healthy Longevity. Appointments will be made on a 3-year contract initially, with the possibility of extension.
The Center for Healthy Longevity (CHL), one of the 6 Centers of Excellence of the National University Health System (NUHS), aims to be a leading institute for geroscience research and translation globally, renowned to translate research into practice to improve health.
The Research Assistant Professor will undertake research at the interface of epidemiology, pharmacology and biology, testing aging traits in well-phenotyped observational cohorts and intervention studies opposing aging by applying geroprotectors. Intervention studies include pharmacological and lifestyle approaches. the Assistant Research Professor, Clinical Trials Epidemiologist will work in close collaboration with Prof. Andrea B. Maier and the multidisciplinary team of researchers from the Translational Research Program in Healthy Longevity and the CHL.
Main tasks and responsibilities
the Assistant Research Professor, Clinical Trials Epidemiologist should:
- Oversee clinical trials and data coordination across multiple studies
- Plan and execute observational and intervention studies opposing aging
- Report findings in peer-reviewed international journals and relevant information to people in government, medical fields and the general public
- Work with School of Medicine faculty to design trials of promising interventions
- Supervise junior staff, including students
- Actively seek extramural funding.
The applicant must:
- Hold a PhD in epidemiology, biostatistics, medicine, pharmacology, biological sciences or related disciplines
- At least 3 or more years of postdoctoral research experience
- Demonstrated ability to achieve research excellence
- Have knowledge in Gerontology / Aging / Age-related diseases
- Experience in designing epidemiological studies and quantitative analyzes and proven collaborative research
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team, and have an investigative nature and attention to detail
- Have knowledge and practical experience of supervising junior team members, including students
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Formal request: Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, together with a detailed CV (including personal details, academic and professional background, full list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 3 referees).
We regret that only shortlisted candidates are notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Eligible Employee Referral: No
Job Application ID: 7241