- Based at UniSA STEM at Mawson Lakes Campus
- Full-time CDD until November 30, 2022
- Starting salary: Level ARAS $90,451 and Level BRF $101,784 per year (plus 17% superannuation)
About the role
Based at the Industrial AI Research Center (IAI), the Research Associate/Researcher will conduct research and development activities related to data-driven automated decision-making between robotics, sensors, assets, people and business systems through data translation and linking in a discrete advanced manufacturing context. The activities will contribute to an Innovative Manufacturing Cooperative Research Center (IMCRC) research project jointly conducted by UniSA, BAE Systems Australia for ASC Shipbuilding titled “The Application of Interactive Narrative Visualization and Big Data to Improve Manufacturing with high added value.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s corporate university. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national connections with academic, research and industrial partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens comfortable with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous, and we create new knowledge that is essential to global economic and social prosperity.
UniSA STEM bridges engineering, math, science, defense and cybersecurity, environmental science, aviation, information technology, construction and project management, harnessing the links between disciplines to bring big ideas to life. Our researchers are solution-focused and collaborate to provide technical expertise and advice to industry, government and community groups to achieve commercially viable and lasting impacts. We embed research into our teaching, with students working alongside researchers in world-class facilities, what is discovered one day is taught the next. Our graduates are entrepreneurs and pioneers, designing and building the world they want to live in. UniSA STEM also incorporates leading research organizations; the Future Industries Institute, the Australian Center for Research in Interactive and Virtual Environments and the Center for Industrial Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Independently develop techniques for data integration, data linking, and analysis of discrete industrial manufacturing defense supply chain data across multiple asset, people, and enterprise systems and data sources
- Assess relevant existing and emerging techniques for linking and integrating diverse structured and unstructured data sources
- Develop and validate data integration, data linking and data analysis techniques on engineering asset management case studies
- Design and evaluate semi-automatic data integration and analysis technologies
- Manage the research project to achieve project milestones and contribute new ideas and approaches to support the development of new innovative technologies
Essential skills and experience
- A PhD in Computer Science or a closely related discipline (for Research Associate and Fellow levels) and relevant post-PhD research experience (for Researcher level)
- Demonstrated experience with data modeling and technologies for integrating and linking structured and unstructured data sources
- Experience and strong research and development skills in data management, data integration and related fields
- An outstanding track record of high-quality journal and conference presentations in the areas of data management, ontologies, conceptual modeling and/or closely related areas
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous 17% pension contributions
- Flexible working conditions
- Employee assistance and development programs
- Varied holidays
As a university of business, we offer a dynamic and agile work culture that rises to challenges and thrives by forging new paths. Our people are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a dynamic and engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient and influential, and we deliver results.
How to register
For a copy of the job description and to apply, please visit Work at UniSA. The online application form lists the specific selection criteria you must meet.
Please send your cover letter to Jessica Frisari, recruitment consultant. For further information on the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org using the job reference number. 3928.
Closing of applications: 11:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 20, 2022
Applications are welcome from Australian or New Zealand citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the duration of their appointment.
How to register:
Applications must be submitted online, please note that UniSA does not accept applications by email.
- Start your application by clicking on the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already created an account, please log in before starting your application
- If you forgot your login information, click here to reset your password
- Overview of the application form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive corporate culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further assistance contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.